Thursday, August 7, 2008

A bat?

Not five nights ago, I was happily asleep at four in the morning. That was until I was awaken by a fluttering around my head. Now, being scared to the point of saying not so nice things, and ducking whenever the fluttering of whatever it was (mind you, it was pitch black inside my cabin, so I couldn't see what the devil was "attacking" me) came about my head. As I frantically groped for the light switch, still trying to avoid being hit in the face, and screaming bloody murder (have you ever heard someone actually scream the words "bloody murder"? Sorry. A rant for another day), and finally finding the lights to see a six inch long bat hanging on the adjacent wall. I moved again, and it started to fly around, looking for escape. I couldn't figure out how he got in in the first place. So I swung open my door, and as he came at me again, I scooped him out with my hat. I thought I had injured him when he landed on my deck, but I saw him leave. I then returned to sleep. And that is my bat story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha i chuckled at this one. when you are home remind me to tell you my nightmare about a serial killer who stabbed people and then grated them like cheese. [this nightmare was inspired by watching an episode of martha stewart i kid you not]