Sunday, August 3, 2008

JD's Place

Hi! JD's dad here. As he posted previously, I traveled to Montana with JD, and while I was there I took a few pictures around the Campfire Lodge where he is working and living.

As you head west towards Earthquake Lake and the famous Three Dollar Bridge section of the Madison River, just after Hebgen Lake you come to the Campfire Lodge.

The small sign is definitely correct - the breakfast is excellent, and popular!


The first thing you come to is the Cafe/Fly Shop/Office. In the morning the cafe is so busy you can barely find a place to park.


Right out the back door of the cafe is the famous Madison River. Sometime in the last few years a well-known fly fisherman caught a 10 pound brown trout just upstream from here.


Make a left turn and head up the road towards the bunkhouse (aka - JD's Place).


Here's the first view you get of the bunkhouse (yes, it really is only eight feet wide inside!).


There's a large deck where you can sit and read or just enjoy the view - or sleep!


And here's the inside, all newly redone. We decided to christen the place with a game of cribbage before JD took me to the airport in Bozeman.

So there you have it - JD's temporary home in Montana.

2 comments:

librarymum said...

10 pound brown trout! You know that's the only thing your Uncle Larry even remembers from all the pics your dad posted and wrote about. It's great to see where you are staying (and washing dishes!) and I wish we could stop by.

Cindy and Wade and Jake are going to Yellowstone next week and I forwarded the address of this blog to her. They might stop by. I suggested they might want to eat breakfast! I know, more dirty dishes.

Write something for us when you can.

Hugs from Aunt Janet

Wendy Redal said...

Cool, JD! Good for you for just going up there and finding something. Reminds me a bit of my first summer working in Alaska when I was about your age--it's so good to get away from home and discover new terrain (in many connotations of that word). Hope you land a big brown, too! Bet your dad was in heaven being up there.

Take care,

'Aunt Wendy'