Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cold, Very Cold

No, I'm not speaking in reference to the weather up here (it has actually been on the warmer side, although we did get our first rain in a week and a half last night). I am speaking, however, about the lake that I and 4 of my co-workers went to and swam in yesterday. I can't remember the name of the lake, but it is one of the most gorgeous lakes I've ever seen. The water was absolute crystal. We hiked along the edge of the lake on a path for about a quarter of a mile until we came to a rope swing. At first, my friend Mike and I were tentative about going in, let alone using the rope swing. But we eventually got in, me going before Mike. I didn't test out the water first, because I would much rather submerge myself entirely instead of sticking my toes in and going in slowly, so I went off of the rope swing first. I wish I were able to have stopped on the water, and run back to shore the second my toes hit the water, but sadly, that was not the case. I went and, and immediate struck for the surface, seeing as the water must have been at least 50 degrees. I soon, however, became acclimated to the temperature of the water, and began enjoying myself. After going off of the rope swing a few times, I grabbed one of the inner tubes we brought with us, and lallygagged about in the lake. It was a great start to my weekend (my weekends are Thursdays and Fridays, just so every one knows).

Everything else up here is fine and dandy, and I'm loving it.

An update on what I will be doing from here out. I've spoken with my boss about possibly staying with him as long as I can, because I indicated that I would like to (this would mean telling Xanterra to shove off). However, he said that if business starts slowing down for them, it might be a better bet for me to go and work with Xanterra, although he would love to hang onto me as long as he could (he really did say this). So, we will be talking again in 2 weeks, to see whether or not he'd be able to hang onto me through mid-September, or if it would be beneficial for me to go work with Xanterra on the 26th. I will update on this after my talk.

Au Revoir, friends and family, until my next update.

PS-Thank you to my Pops for putting up the pictures for me.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I'm so excited for you!